1. Parks Opportunity Fund
Online submission – over 150 submissions for the initial letter of intent more information at:
2. Journey Church – Community Garden
- the area is being converted to garden space
- cost to be covered by donation
3. Westin-Price Foundation had a presentation on Traditional Cooking and Food
- More information can be found at:
4. A Series of Permaculture classes will be taught by Jenny Pell & Marcia Arbuck will be starting Om Culture Studio.
Classes cost $$$
5. Master Composter classes are starting at Seattle Tilth. Applications are due February 28th. More information at:
6. Create Community through Garden and Food. Mark M. and Bob W. are putting this together. It is an opportunity to share the bounty from our gardens with neighbors that don’t have gardens or access to fresh garden produce. More information next meeting.
1. Seattle Urban Farm Co-op – Group. A new group starting up in Seattle. From the Yahoo group:
“The Seattle Urban Farm Co-op is a community-based project to start a co-op to purchase supplies for urban farmers in the Seattle area.
Our focus will be on obtaining supplies such as animal feed, fertilizers, mulch, seeds, etc., from local & organic sources. More information
Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seattleurbanfarmcoop/
Future website: http://surfcoop.com/
2. Possible Sustainable CH ‘field trip’ to Raintree Nursery. It is located in Morton, WA. 2 hours S of Seattle.
No date yet.
3. Chickens – Members have had good luck with Road Island Reds and/or Whites.
1. Pruning for fruit trees that will later be gleaned. So none have been identified for sure. Contact Lanae or Bert H.
2. Permaculture – neighborhood designs – beyond individual backyards. East of 12th will be working with Bert, others welcome to join. No
3. Green Acre Radio. Five minute segment that airs several times a week on KBCS. Martha Baskin does a great job. There are now
podcasts availables too. A recent show featured the “Farm Boys” – previous neighbors of Carol B. More information on her blog:
4. Seed sharing and group purchasing:
Next meeting bring seeds to share and a list of seeds you want to buy. Swap seeds and combine orders to save $ and shipping costs
Next Meeting Sunday February 14th.
5-7 PM Potluck 5:00 – 5:30.
Room 4 Crown Hill Center.
Danielle will facilitate the meeting.
No Comments »